Olympic Butchery has been providing quality meat to Naenae and neighbouring suburbs for over 60 years. Previous owners have also supplied to many businesses and organisations such as the British Embassy, as it has historically been known for great sausages and even better black pudding.
We are open Monday to Saturday. If we don’t have what you are after on display, please ask and we will do what we can to help.
Our popular cuts of meat are rump steak, t-bones, pork bones, bacon bones, schnitzel and of course sausages in a variety of flavours. We also often have watercress from the Wairarapa, and pork crackling from Happy Banana. In the future we aim to have a range of sauces and chutneys from other small businesses to compliment your meal.
In the meantime follow us here, on Facebook, or Neighbourly to keep up with our latest specials.
Special Orders for You
We can provide a wide variety of services for you, your whānau, or your church or community organisation.
- Whole animals – pig, lamb and sides of beef can be ordered for your special occasions such as for a spit roast, a hāngī or umu. We can also process the animal for you so you can fill your freezer. Prices will vary depending on the type and weight of the animal. We need at least 48 hours notice so we can order your product on time. A deposit must be paid, with the balance paid on pickup.
- Raffle & Meat packs – We provide delicious meat packs for a wide variety of community and commercial organisations. We can make up an appetising raffle to your price range. For community/charity organisations we will donate an extra 10% product to your pack when we make it.
- Christmas orders – We will take your Christmas orders from November onwards. As it is such a busy time, it is best to order early so you don’t miss out! We can put together whatever you need; ham, lamb, roasts, BBQ packs… let us know what you’re after and we’ll get it ready for you on your pickup date. A non-refundable deposit is required with the balance to be paid on pickup. If we know the price of your order, you are welcome to pay it off over the month helping with your Christmas budgeting.
- Standing orders – do you have a weekly or monthly special event? We can make an order for you ready for you to pay on pickup. Whether it’s a weekly BBQ or a monthly family roast, we can cut and pack your order to suit.
- Organic meats – we have access to a range of organic meat suppliers that we can order in for you on request, or purchase from your preferred registered supplier. You will need to pay a deposit when you place your order.
- Other types of meat – through our suppliers we have access to other types of meat such as veil, venison, duck or turkey. Let us know what you’re after and we can source it for you. You will need to pay a deposit when you place your order.
- Co-buying – we are happy to support your group to ‘go in together’ and buy an animal to process. The prices for this will vary depending on the animal and the processing required. Have a chat to us about your requirements and we’ll make a plan.
- Homekill – at the moment our licence does not allow us to process homekill or any meats not correctly inspected.
- Receipts/Invoicing – We can provide you with a receipt when any deposit or payment is made. If you require an invoice for your organisation we can do that too. We do not accept cheque payments.
Wholesale is processed on site at Olympic Butchery, by our Butchery team.
We have a variety of small businesses to whom we wholesale. We are a perfect choice for those food services that only need a small orders (i.e. who cannot store large cartons) or those who go through their product slower and therefore need to order small quantities. We can also be your sous chef and can process or weight-range products for you ready for cooking. This is very helpful for busy kitchens who need staff doing something more productive than dicing beef.
We stock a variety of non-meat items too, such as Talleys 13mm chips, lasagne toppers, cordon bleu, and we have access to other products such as pain au chocolat or croissants.
If you are looking something particular to be made for your food business such as a particular sausage, or a mince mixture for say a lasagne, we can work with you to design what you need.
We also support childcare centres with their menu needs and our wholesale prices are more than comparable with supermarkets.
We can deliver or you are welcome to pick up. We have staff on site between 6am and 6pm Mon-Sat and later by arrangement.